Re: Postgresql is not accepting TCP/IP connections.

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:28:50PM +0100, Hans Steinraht wrote:
> I have upgraded to postgresql 7.4 on my debian unstable computer.
> Reloaded the databases and all seems to work fine (can connect to
> postgres with psql)
>
> The only waht not is working is that I cannot connect to postgresql
> through TCP/IP.
> In /etc/postgresql.conf I have: tcpip_socket = true, but its not
> working.

On my system, the configuration file (for version 7.4.1-2) is
/etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf. Maybe /etc/postgresql.conf is
left over from an earlier version and isn't read?

Otherwise, what does you authentication configuration file
/etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf contain?

Martin