Re: Postgresql is not accepting TCP/IP connections.

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 08:28 am, Hans Steinraht wrote:
> The only waht not is working is that I cannot connect to postgresql
> through TCP/IP.

> In /etc/postgresql.conf I have: tcpip_socket = true, but its not
> working.

You specified that you restarted postgresql - I assume that you did it
AFTER making the configuration change. If not, try restarting it again.

Next, try:

$ netstat -a -n | grep "tcp" | grep "LISTEN"

Look for the port postgresql is supposed to listen on to make sure that
it's really listening.

If postgresql is listening, but you can't connect to it, make sure your
firewall isn't interfering.

Adam