Re: searching bug CONTENTS in BTS archives

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 10:46:25AM -0500, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> Is there a way to search through old bug report bodies, not just
> subjects?  I submitted a wishlist bug report to the kernel package
> requesting CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ and got this response:
>
>   > Please check the BTS archive, this has been talked about many
>   > times already.
>
> All I can find is three or so archive bug reports from others who have
> made this request and have gotten the same response.  The most
> detailed response was that this is not consistent with the spirit of
> prepackaged kernels.  If there is a discussion about this somewhere,
> how can I find it?  I guess I'm looking for something akin to what I'm
> used to with Bugzilla: the ability to perform complex queries against
> the bug "database".  What I've done is to go bring up active and
> archive bugs from http://bugs.debian.org in the kernel package and
> just search the text of what's displayed.  This basically just amounts
> to subjects.

We don't really have a decent bug search engine yet, sorry. :( Google
with the search term site:bugs.debian.org *might* help, but it's hard to
limit that to particular packages. Now that we have the BTS on a machine
with a vaguely plausible amount of disk space (as of a couple of weeks
ago), something better may eventually become possible.