Re: mysql 4 using backports

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:05:17PM +0000, cyril wrote:
> I think I probably didn't after I added the line :)
> what is the easiest way to upgrade to mysql 4 now using apt?

Probably 'apt-get dist-upgrade'.  If you add the '-u' Paramter to
'apt-get' you will be shown a list of Packages which will be upgraded.

If that doesnt work out, you may check with 'apt-cache policy
<packagename>' wether the Priority of the package is high enough to get
installed.

If you have troubles, please post what you did, what it tried to do and
an excerpt of 'apt-cache policy' of the relevant packages.

--
Rico -mc- Gloeckner | 1024D/61F05B8C |     jabber:mc@micq.org
http://www.ukeer.de |    RICO-RIPE   | sip:42@daheim.ukeer.de