Re: hardware raid and 3ware

on Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 12:08:23PM -0500, Debian User (debian-user@zerocrossings.com) wrote:
> I am interested in implementing hardware RAID on a new machine I
> am putting together. I have read a post _Hardware RAID setup_ and
> am glad that it can be done w/ modules in Debian. It looks liek 3ware
> is the way to go. I only _need_ two disks (I think). Does anyone
> have a suggestion as to card/driver selection?

I've had mixed results with 3Ware, though it's arguably among the better
ATA/IDE RAID cards.  Software RAID is strongly recommended by several
people I know, who have experience, though I haven't tried it myself.

Peace.

  Backgrounder on the Caldera/SCO vs. IBM and Linux dispute.
      http://sco.iwethey.org/