Re: Need to know how to connect New Kodak DX6440 camera w/Easy Share Dock

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:47:30PM -0600, John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> wrote:
> I need to know how to connect new Kodak DX6440 camera  w/Easy Share
> Dock.
 Just do it. I have the Easy Share dock as well, but with Kodak DX4530
camera. It just works with Debian Sarge and 2.6.0 kernel. You need to
install gphoto2 and gtkam for GUI operations. So, connect the Easy Share
dock to your computer, place the camera on it. Press the Kodak button,
the green LED should flash now, and you get a message like 'new USB
device on port ...'. Turn on your camera (does not matter which
position, the green LED on the camera also flashes). Fire up gtkam and
enjoy. Ofcourse first try it with root, and if it's ok, then set it up
for the user(s): http://gphoto.org/doc/manual/permissions-usb.html

> I just got this neat camera & I hate to have to resort to Windows
> to use it as That would be the ONLY thing I would need Windows for.
 As mentioned above, it work under Linux:
http://gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php

Hope this helps,
GCS