RE: access denied

> From: Scarletdown [mailto:gsutton9503@charter.net]
>
> Gruessle wrote:
> > I get access denied when I try to make a folder from my
> > win2000 machine on my Debian user folder
> >
> > \\Rebel\tamer\public_html
> >
> > Rebel is my Debian box
> > tamer is my user name and a folder in /home/tamer/
> > public_html is my web folder in /home/tamer/public_html
> >
> > Now when I access my Debian from my win2000 box via
> > \\Rebel\tamer\
> > I get to see what is actually in /home/tamer/ but I can't
> > create any folders in there only see what is in there.
> >
> > I guess I have to change access permissions for group tamer
> > Is that correct?
> > yes tamer is my user name but there is also a group called
> > tamer
> > How do I do that?
>
> I had similar problems recently, but finally managed to fix them.
> Unfortunately, I didn't write down what I did.  I think though, what
> fixed the problem had something to do with updating the fstab file so
> that the Windows partitions mount at boot time.

I just checked the fstab manual
My understanding of it is that it is used to mount devices like hard
drives cdroms etc.

In my case it is that I am in front of the win2000 machine and I can see
the actual files in my Debian box but I can't add files or folders from
the win2000 machine.
However I can do all that from the Debian machine.

Does this still sound like the problem you had and do you still think it
has to do with fstab?
I am asking because there is one option about mounting partitions from
remote systems. An option called nfs.

Gruessle
--
http://VMCLinks.com