Re: IP to www

Gruessle wrote:

From: Vineet Kumar [mailto:vineet@doorstop.net]

* Gruessle (debian@orces.com) [031219 15:07]:

From: Vineet Kumar

http://68.68.202.34/ doesn't work for me.  Of course,

neither does a

ping to that address, or a tracepath.  Are you sure that's
your address?

My IP I checked at http://checkip.dyndns.org/, so this

should be right.

I just checked ping and tracert does acualy work for me.

Yes, you're right; ping works for me, too.

But what counts is that it does not work from your computer
This http://68.68.202.34/ does not work for here either.

C:\>ping 68.68.202.34

Well that sure is a funny-looking prompt =p

There's definitely some kind of filtering going on, though.  Trying to
connect to that address (on a few different ports I've tried)
just sort
of "hangs" rather than coming back with "connection refused".

good times,
Vineet

My router has a Firewall and the only port I have opened up is port 80
Could it be that my cable company is blocking something?
I can't imagine how thou.

Very likely. My cable company disables port 80, while all other ports are open. So I have to run my webserver at port 8000. Maybe you can try some port other than 80. Better choose some larger number :)

--
Yours sincerely,                        \|||/
                                        (o o)