Re: Web server Partitions - reiserfs

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Lucas Albers wrote:

> Alvin Oga said:
> > reiserfs-3.6 w/ linux-2.4.23 seems to work fine ( normally ) now for
> >  / and lilo and everything else ( using it daily )
> > 	prior versions/combinations i tried failed miserably
> Have you notices any corruption using reiserfs, does it sync a lot faster
> on reboots compared to ext3.

yup... prior to reiserfs-3.6.... it always crashed for my test box ...
( amd k6-350 for slackware, redhat, so i didnt even try debian )

> I've had a 350G ext3 raid5 parttions that take hours to resync if it is
> shut off accidentally.

yes... dont bother with ext3 if you're lookign at large disks
and dont want tospend the time twiddling your thumb while it does
its self check

> I was hoping reiser could give me better redundancy.

supposed to be better
	- i assume yoy dont mean "redundancy" but that you dont
	want to wait around for fsck checks of the fs after
	accidental or silly or testing power off

xfs or jfs supposed to be even better for journaling ...

c ya
alvin