Re: ye olde upgrade vs. dist-upgrade

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 02:11:30AM +0100, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> ? So you automatically assume that when a person reads the man
> page he understands what's being said?
> That's not the best assumption IMHO.

No.  I assume that if a person reads the man page, and does not understand
it, he will then ask questions about the part he does not understand.
Until he has at least attempted the available information, his questions
are more than likely going to be meaningless.

Perhaps you don't see a difference there.  I most certainly do, especially
in these days where most people think they're above doing anything for
themselves.

--
 Marc Wilson |     A political man can have as his aim the realization
 msw@cox.net |     of freedom, but he has no means to realize it other