Re: aliasing internet addresses

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 12:07:22AM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:

> www.site1.org is and internal name that has no meaning on the open
> network.
> www.site2.org is linked to a dynamic ip using freedns.
> I don't want to use the same name inernaly and externaly as that can
> cause some abiguity.

Me = confused, think there's a communication gap
please to explain

have no idea what you're trying to accomplish

it sounds like you have an internal server, and when you're at home you
want to the internal server's name to point to the pubic server

but since that can easily be done with /etc/hosts you must mean
something else