Re: Sending mail with mutt+exim4 takes a long time when not connected

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 06:09:30PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
| When my laptop isn't connected to the internet it takes about 10-15
| seconds when trying to send mail with exim4 (through mutt) until the
| mail gets cued.
| Is it possible to do this in the background so that mutt wont hang?

Put
    set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi -obd"
in ~/.muttrc.

Explanation, from exim's spec.txt
-odb   This option applies to all modes in which Exim accepts incoming
       messages, including the listening daemon. It requests 'background'
       delivery of such messages, which means that the accepting process
       automatically starts delivery process for each message received, but
       does not wait for the delivery process to complete. This is the default
       action if none of the -od options are present. It overrides a setting
       of "queue_only" in the configuration file.

-D

--
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,