Re: Filters in Evolution

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 12:37:18PM +0100, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I have a strange problem in Evolution. I have defined a lot of filters
> to move mails from my inbox to certain folders. This works great for
> e.g. the debian-user mailinglist (every mail is moved to the folder
> debian-user). Mails that are filtered via the Subject: or From: headers
> are not moved to their folders but copied (even if I choose the "Move to
> folder" option). Obviously, the mails are detected correctly, but the
> action carried out is wrong (cp instead of mv). Has anybody else seen
> this behaviour? If yes, how do I correct/work around it?
>
> Thanks,
> joerg

The default evolution setup, as I recall, showed deleted messages.  I
think evolution always does a move as a copy and delete.  So you might
check your "show deleted messages" setting.

There are also various options controlling when evolution really
purges the deleted messages.

None of these remarks have any bearing on why Subject or From don't
work and mailing list filters do, so they may not help.