Re: The lost cramfs patch

>Harshwardhan Nagaonkar wrote:
> And thus we see that Benedict Verheyen said, :

Hi Harshwardhan,

yes, it's indeed a long name. :)
Anyway i already deleted those mails and i couldn't remember
your name so that' why i refered to you as the "other" user.

> I've done the same stuff that you have and I can't find that patch
> either. Does anyone know? [For more details, refer to the thread with
> the topic: "[DSA-403-1]Kernel update".
>
> Thanks all you knowledgeable people,

According to Florian Ernst, there isn't a readily patch. You can
extract the code from the kernel sources. See his answer too
this "Lost cramfs patch" thread.
Also, he says you don't need an initrd and according to the manual
that's true.
I personally had problems with LVM when i didn't use an initrd.
That might be due to some kernel misconfiguration. When i'm going
to recompile the kernel, i'm going to check and see if i can get away
without an initrd.

Regards,
Benedict