Re: XMMS unable to play streaming audio (pls)

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:46:24AM +0100, Mark C wrote:

> Once upon a time Bijan Soleymani was quoted as saying:
>
> > What happens if you open xmms, press Control-L to open a location and
> > then paste in the URL.
>
> If I save the pls file from mozilla, then open it with xmms it works, but
> I want to be able to do this via mozilla, and this seems impossable, as
> mozilla tried to open the playlist in a new tab,
>
> I have tried editing the helper applications, but even with mozplugger
> installed that is completley blank, and also reading on the net I have
> tried to manually add  a few different mime types, and they still fail to
> open, I'm using mozilla-1.3.1.xfs from sid.

I recommend you write a tiny little script that will take the URL of a
pls as a parameter and open the stream in xmms. Then put that in
/usr/local/bin or wherever you'd prefer. Then simply have mozilla
run that on pls files.

P.S. The following site describes how to set it up normally, but from
what you've said you might have already tried this:

Bijan