(half-solved) Re: Compiling kernel with patches

 Okay, it seems to work:

- I had a PATCH_KERNEL=YES in my compilation script, instead of
PATCH_THE_KERNEL
- Anyway, it did not work anymore, whatever the value of --added-patches
on the command line.
- The debianlogo patch can be applied and un-applied without any problem,
and it compiles. (For some unknown reason, sometimes it failed, when
applying or unapplying... I had to re-untar the source to reverse the
patch)
 - The 'right' solution is to add 'patch_the_kernel=YES' in
/etc/kernel-pkg.conf. Now the patch is automatically unapplied in a
'make-kpkg clean', and applied when compiling.

 The real question for me is why '--added-patches=debianlogo' is not
enough. Is it some typo too obvious to be seen ?

PATCHES=debianlogo
nice -n 19 make-kpkg --append-to-version=$VERS --revision $2
--added-patches=$PATCHES kernel_image

 (And I have now to see if ALL patches are now applied or now, and if
debianlogo is ok with a 2.4.21. )

--
Christophe Courtois - Ostwald, Alsace, France
http://www.courtois.cc/ - Clé PGP : 0F33E837