Re: what is bf2.4, actually?

#include <hallo.h>

> Could somebody please breifly explain to me what the bf2.4 variant on
> the 2.4.18 kernel in Woody is all about?

Not somebody, something.

apt-cache show kernel-image-2.4.18-bf2.4

> Why is it called bf2.4?

Some people claimed it to be Big Fscking, but it means just
Boot Floppy variant of 2.4.x. It must became a short string which is
simply recognized as boot-floppies related and 2.4.something related
installation flavor.

> I looked all over the web for docs that explain this so-called "bf
> variant", but can't find anything.

What do you expect? A great story about my mood when I invented
this kernel name?

--
<weasel> waldi: ja.
<Alfie> weasel: Nein.