I have a problem with this list

I think that it used to be that when I posted to this
list, my message would be returned to me from the server at
the time that it was sent out to everyone else on the list.
Now that is not happening. Now, when I post, I see nothing
on the list, but my message is showing up in the archives.
Which is the correct behavior of the list?

I would like to see my message show up. The message in my
inbox is a nice anchor for collecting replies. But if policy
is to not echo the message, what is recommended as a way to
collect in one place the replies to a request for advice?

Sorry for the several test messages. I had a question about
exim that I posted, and from my vantage point, it never
showed up on the list (and I never got replies). I thought
maybe I had messed up my email config while poking at the
exim issue. Now I know that I'm simply not getting an echo
of my message, but why?

TIA

--
Paul E Condon