Re: ACPI HOWTO (draft #2)

Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane@xtrinsic.com> wrote:

> For those who are interested I've got my second draft of an ACPI HOWTO
> online.
>
> http://xtrinsic.com/geek/articles/acpi.phtml
>
> Please feel free to let me know if you there are any parts which are
> unclear or flat-out wrong. :)

I took the kernel-source 2.4.20-8 from unstable, removed the ACPI
changes and applied acpi-20021212-2.4.20.diff.gz from acpi.sf.net since
the vanilla 2.4.20 _HAS_ several security leaks (ptrace, hash table,...)

You can find the package at
http://people.debian.org/~maxx/kernel-source-2.4.20/
(I didn't upload the .orig.tar.gz since you can get it from any debian
mirror and the .deb is already big enough)

yours Martin aka maxx
p.s. please cc me since I'm not subscribed
--
<maxx@debian.org> --------------------------------- NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
           GPG / PGP encrypted and signed messages preferred