Re: Cant use mailing list

On (09/06/03 09:02), Hugh Saunders wrote:
> uOn Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 01:45:14AM +0100, Fred Bowker wrote:
> > This is a really dumb question but I don't know how to post a follow up
> > message in the mailing list
> > How to post a reply thanks for any answers ill test them by replying a
> > message to the thread
>
> Problem:
>
> Resolution:
> apt-get install mutt :)

A bit "Catch 22"?

If the OP wants to join the list to climb the debian
learning curve, it is likely that he's not yet installed Linux, in which
case mutt is probably not an option.  Would Eudora be a more relistic
alternative?

>From my own experience, it took me many months playing
with debian and mutt before I could consider using it as my main email
package.  I had to use Eudora for a long time to post to debian lists in
order to get a working debian system.  I spent at least two months
collecting mail on two systems.

But there again I was a complete *nix novice ;-) I suspect OP may be
similar.

Regards

Clive