Re: [possibly OT] squirrelmail login problem

* Sharninder Singh-662 (Sharninder.Singh-662@ushacomm.co.in) [030605 22:27]:
> i recently upgraded to testin from stable. i had squirrelmail 1.4.0 under
> stable and have the same version under testing also now. but it refuses to
> authenticate the users and shows some error saying invalid user etc. all the
> configurations are fine. what could be the problem...
> when i telnet to port 143 ... i get conenct but in square brackets the
> UW-IMAP server shows somthing like [CAPABILITY ...... LOGINDISABLED ....]
> what does this mean .. and how can i enable LOGINS

I have my IMAP server to advertise LOGINDISABLED until after TLS has
been enabled.  Perhaps that's what the new UW-IMAP configuration is
doing?  I'm not using UW, though, and it's strange that it would change
your configuration through an upgrade.  Does README.Debian or
changelog.Debian say anything pertinent?

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/