lpr still won't print

Ok, now that I've got cupsys back I have the same problem with lpr. (which
is installed, btw) I can "print a test page" from cupsys but when I try to
print the page (with mozilla and lpr), the page doesn't print. The printer
gets all excited as if it's going to print, but it doesn't feed a page
through.

There's nothing in the /var/log/lpr.log other than a couple of restarts.
Jun  6 14:06:04 debian lpd[1180]: restarted
Jun  6 14:06:26 debian lpd[1191]: restarted
Jun  6 14:16:52 debian lpd[1384]: restarted
Jun  6 14:42:49 debian lpd[242]: restarted

In /var/log/messages I get "MARK" each time it tries to print:
Jun  6 15:42:48 debian -- MARK --

There's nothing in the syslog when I grep through it for "lpr" and nothing
within the right time period when I grep through it for "lpd".

My /etc/printcap file looks like this:
lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/ml4500:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:\
        :TEXT_SEND_EOF=NO:

Which means it is NOT using my configuration options from CUPsys where my
printer is named "ml4500".

Any ideas on what other logs to check for errors?

thanks!

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin