Re: Rootkit warning! (Was: Re: LS_COLORS error)

To mention the obvious: If you reinstall the same software with the same
configuration, you are also reinstalling the security flaw that let
someone install the rootkit in the first place. You should find how the
rootkit was installed (for this, keeping a copy of the compromised
system can help).

Christophe