Re: Cdrecord and audio cd

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 12:21:36AM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:

   > The first thing I do when I've got a weird/damaged/odd CD is let
   > cdparanoia have a go at it.  If it can't read it, you've got serious
   > issues.

Yes, cdparanoia has done that for me.

   > That said, what do you mean it can't sense it?  Does the aforementioned
   > cdparanoia rip it?  Can it detect it at least?

After I drop in the cd and close it, the lights do come up for a couple
of seconds. It happens even the 'cd' is just a piece of plastic. That is
the end of it. gtcd/kcd/xmms/etc say that there is no cd in the drive.
Same with cdparanoia.

As mentioned in my first post, the same cd plays fine on standalone
cd player. That leads me to suspect that there is something linux
specific about this issue. Even after I made an audio cd using cdrecord,
linux programs do not recognize this. I have done this before and never
came across this problem.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

: But for some things, Perl just isn't the optimal choice.

(yet)   :-)
             -- Larry Wall in <199702221943.LAA20388@wall.org>