Re: BackOrifice on Linux?

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 16:43, Kent West wrote:
> I just ran the command "sudo nmap  -sT -sU localhost" which listed the
> following:
>
>  . . .
>
> 12345/tcp  open        NetBus
> 12346/tcp  open        NetBus
> 27665/tcp  open        Trinoo_Master
> 31335/udp  open        Trinoo_Register
> 31337/tcp  open        Elite
> 31337/udp  open        BackOrifice
> 32770/udp  open        sometimes-rpc4
>
>  . . .
>

> Should I be concerned, or is this maybe part of portsentry or something
> similar?

Shouldn't you run nmap on $EXTERN_IP, instead of localhost?  I could
care less what ports that localhost is listening to...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Fear the Penguin!!"                                          |