Re: sharing /var/mail/<username> with mutt and Evolution..

Kevin.Bewley@camr.org.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have a problem with Evolution - I keep swinging from trees! :-)
>
> Seriously, using Debian 3.0r1 stable I've got mutt working beautifully
> picking up mail from my /var/mail/kevin mbox. When I installed Evolution
> and pointed it to this box and set it to 'use Unix mail spool file' it
> cannot get the messages out of the spool. While mutt still works perfectly.
>
> If I set evolution to Local mbox support it gets the mail out of the spool
> but doesn't leave it there so I cannot see it from mutt then, help! I think
> there must be some trick to getting Evolution to leave the mail in
> /var/mail/kevin or to have /var/mail/kevin act as my Inbox?

I created a link from /home/david/mail/Inbox to /var/spool/mail/david
All of my mail stays in /var/spool/mail/david, but I point mutt and mozilla
and evolution at /home/david/mail/Inbox.

ln -s /var/spool/mail/david /home/david/mail/Inbox

--
David Raeker-Jordan
mailto:david@raeker-jordan.net