Re: Help: motherboard works with Linux?

James Buchanan said:
> Hi all,
>
> I am thinking of buying this motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8IEXP with the Intel
> 845E AGPset chipset - what worries me is its "winbond" I/O chip.  Is that
> like a "winmodem" ie. only works with Windows?

if your just doing basic stuff it should work, though the IDE may not.
It may be difficult to get X running if that board has onboard video. perhaps
sound too. winbond i/o is normal, most consumer boards have a winbond chip
on them, I think this monitors temperature, fan rpms, voltage etc.

winbond is a brand/company as far as I know.

nate