Re: alsa driver configuration

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:46:11PM -0600, Michael D. Harnois wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 13:55, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
>
> > But did you run '/etc/init.d/alsa start' as root? If so, and no errors
> > occurred, what does 'lsmod' (again, as root) return? -- do you see your
> > soundcard listed ("snd-cardname")?
>
> It just isn't working on unstable, and I don't know why. I can load the
> various modules by hand--but /etc/init.d/alsa, although it gives no
> errors, loads no sound modules and unloads soundcore if it is already
> loaded.

Have a look at your module configuration file. I believe that alsa or
the alsa source packager renamed the modules from snd-card-foo.o to
snd-foo.o and you'll need to take "-card" out of the module name
accordingly.

Alternatively, you might want to just grab the sample version out of
the examples directory (in the also source's /usr/share/doc directory)
and read the documentation for the last line or two you need to tag
on.