Re: need help in installing nic drivers

Kenn Murrah said:

> Feel free, of course, to tell me to RTFM, but please point me the right
> direction ...

go through the install, during the install it will prompt to add/configure
kernel modules, if the e1000 module isn't there then debian doesn't have it.
(I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't there). If thats the case I reccomend
installing another NIC until you can get the system up & running and
build a new kernel with support for that card.

but it may be there, you probably have to use the bf24 kernel in order
to use it(as opposed to the default or the compact kernels). Assuming
your using the main CD for installing, hit F1 for help when the boot
loader comes up and you can see how to change kernels for installing.

nate