Re: redirect of "ls --color" causes problems

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 08:38:12AM +0100, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> * Vineet Kumar <debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net> [2003-01-26 08:29]:
> > * David Z Maze (dmaze@debian.org) [030125 20:14]:
> > > So while bash and zsh have aliases, you can't actually do much with
> > > them.
> >
> What's the problem with tcsh?
>
>   alias ls '/bin/ls --color=auto --classify -F \!*'
>
> works perfectly.

yeah, but then you're still stuck with csh.

I wonder why the sh vs. csh battle isn't mentioned a often as the vi
vs. emacs battle; it seems to be hust as much of a religious issue.
:-)

  For myself, I can only say that I am astonished and somewhat terrified at
  the results of this evening's experiments.  Astonished at the wonderful
  power you have developed, and terrified at the thought that so much hideous
  and bad music may be put on record forever.
          -- Sir Arthur Sullivan, message to Edison, 1888