Re: Backup Consensus?

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:03:47PM +1100, bob parker wrote:
> FWIW I first of all dump my postgres databases into $HOME, then make a list
> of my installed (debian) packages, also in $HOME.
>
> I then backup $HOME excluding browser cache files, /etc and /usr/local.
>
> My idea is that after a disaster I'd make a minimum debian install, restore
> $HOME, /usr/local. After that I'd reinstall my packages from the list I
> gathered and then selectively restore /etc to get my configs back the way I
> had them.

sounds like a reasonable plan. got a script or two you'd care to
share? :)

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux server 2.4.20-k6 #1 Mon Jan 13 23:49:14 EST 2003 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #48 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
To peruse your CURRENT VIM SETTINGS (there's LOTS of them)
from within Vim, simply do
	:options
You can change them there, on-the-fly, as well. Type
"ctrl-W ctrl-W" to switch "panes" or "ctrl-W q" to close one.
Try ":help" to learn more.