Re: tune2fs ext2 -> ext3 do I do it to swap ???

> Ive converted my debian from ext2 to ext3 .. no problems.
>
> Do I need to do the same to my swap partition, is there any advantage
> ??
>
> Dave
>

> --

I'm thinking not.

ext3 is a journaling system for the purpose of data integrity and
reliability in the event of a disk failure or some interruption of
service.
SWAP is the most temporary partition you can possibly have.  /tmp would be
the next most temporary partition.
In general, I believe that the use of journaling file systems is a
degredation of performance compared to a non-journaled system.  But I
could be very wrong in some cases.  I'm not really sure....
But regarding swap, I don't think it will do anything useful for you...