Re: shared or static qt?

N.D.O said:
> What is shared or static QT and what is the differance?

the most common app I know that uses shared or static QT is opera..

static QT = when the app has the QT library built into the app itself,
this can improve compadiblity on systems that may not have the exact
version of QT that the app wants. it also makes the app a bit bigger
because of the added code.

shared QT = when the app relies upon libraries on your system in order
to function, most apps are configured to use shared libraries, you can
find out what shared libraries an app uses by using the ldd command
'ldd /path/to/filename', if it is a fully static app it will tell you
that too.

when using opera at least I always choose the static QT option.

nate