Re: Hard Disk Partition Recovery

I can't figure out that how I can see everything fine under Linux but not under DOS.....how do I get things working correctly?? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Had a similar problem some times ago: after removing a boot loader (system commander lite) I found my C: drive was not accessible anymore from DOS or Windows.

It was accessible using linux by booting from rescue disk or knoppix, but it was not booting from HD, whichever boot loader I used (lilo, grub, DOS, ...).

After several hours I discovered that the boot sector of the inaccesible partition was damaged: linux seems not to care about this, seems like he just read the partition table before mounting the partition, but DOS or Windows refused to mount it.

I solved by copying everything on a second HD and then regenerating the boot sector (FDISK /MBR).

Maybe your problem is similar.

Regards
Massimiliano

--