Re: AMD processor

Raymond Gree wrote:

I have done the apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-K7 and added the initrd=/initrd.img (see below)
but when I login the systel displays 2.4.18-bf24
is there a way to check which kernel I am running?
Thanks
Raymond

image=/vmlinuz
    label=Linux
    read-only
    initrd=/initrd.img #    restricted
#    alias=1

What's the result of
   ls -ld /vmlinuz
It should be a symlink to the running kernel. It sounds like your installation of the k7 image did not complete or something. It might be instructive for you to post the rest of your /etc/lilo.conf file, as well as an ls of the /boot directory and the result of "dpkg --get-selections|grep kernel".