Re: /etc/shutdown.allow & user

Egor Tur wrote:

>Hi.
>I read man for `shutdown' command. And this man describe how permit
>any user using shutdowning. Need create /etc/shutdown.allow and list of
>peaples that can use `shutdown'. I create it and now do from user
>/sbin/shutdown -a -r now  -- but I cannot reboot. Only root can do this.
>What I do incorrectly?
>Thanx.

I tried this, and was refused if I entered from the command line.
However, with this in the /etc/inittab;

ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now

doing the famous three finger wave ( ctl-alt-del ), as user, causes a
reboot.  Damn, I hated to do that :)

dobriy dyen
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net