Re: nagios usable?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 08:04:39AM -0800, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> 	Nagios plugins have not had a stable release yet so the
> maintainer is holding off on packaging them however the Netsaint plugins
> still work with Nagios...

If I try to install them, apt-get wants to remove nagios.

I made a debian package from an nagios-plugins rpm I got somewhere and
installed it, but apparently Debian's configuration for the plugins
are not standard: In /etc/nagios/command.cfg I read "Debian doesn't
use this file by default" and then it refers to an empty directory
/usr/share/netsaint/pluginconfig and a program update-netsaint (which
does not exist on the system) to enable the plugins.

It seems to me as it is on the moment the debian version of nagios is
unusable.

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall
      stand at the latter day upon the earth"
                                       Job 19:25