Re: Re-configuring after an install

sean finney wrote:

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 01:36:43AM +0000, Chris Owen wrote:
Thanks, I tried this, and then a screen comes up next time I re-boot asking me to configure my network. After that, however, it bombs out with a "device not found" error, which is quite understandable as it is trying to do all this at a point in the boot sequence where PCMCIA card services has not yet been started, so eth0 doesn't exist yet...
...?

eek, forgot you were using pcmcia.  ok, so you definitely don't want
the auto eth0 line.

then, take a look at /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and set DHCP to "y",
and see if that does the trick.

Thanks Sean that does the trick, and the NIC seems to work OK. Only one thing though; it keeps coming up with that screen asking me to configure my network each time I boot, although I have removed the auto eth0 line from /etc/network/interfaces. I can just hit cancel to this each time and it still works, but any idea how to stop it coming up with the screen? If I give it a configuration it still doesn't seem happy, as it keeps asking for another one each time...

Thanks

Chris