Re: Grab & switching HD Help!!!

Scott Henson wrote:

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 08:34, Larry Shields wrote:
I am trying to switch a HD from one computer to another, but when Grub starts, I get a message saying ERROR 17...

Might anyone know what the ERROR 17 is, and how to correct it, so that Grub will boot up the HD...???

Thanks to anyone that can help me out here on this one...

I dont know, but try using grub-floppy if the system has a floppy
drive.  You should be able to boot the system with it and run grub
natively.
Google with 'grub error 17' gave:

   * *17* : *"Invalid device requested"*

     This error is returned if a device string is recognizable but does
     not fall under the other device errors.

(from: http://www.uruk.org/orig-grub/errors.html )

Paul Scott