Re: dual-boot redhat/debian

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 07:42:15 -0500
Gregory Seidman <gss+debian@cs.brown.edu> wrote:

> Ignoring, for the moment, why I would do such a thing, I want to set
> up a machine (laptop) to dual-boot both Redhat 8.0 and Debian
> (testing/unstable mix). I'd also like to share as much as possible
> between them. I can obviously share the entire /home directory.

There are some major annoyances in sharing a /home directory between two
distros.  Redhat and Debian may have different versions of KDE (or
Gnome, Blackbox, etc) installed and different desktop settings. The big
problem is with hidden files/directories like .bashrc, .kde, .Xdefaults
and so on, which control these settings.

regards,
Robert