Re: Two IP, one NIC

Nils-Erik Svangård said:
> Hi!
>
> I have two Ip and one NIC.
> I'm trying to configure so that some applications reports that its coming
> from my other Ip, but the rest should come from the first Ip. How do I do
> this?
> I have looked throug IP-Alias and Networking howto but I cant figure it
> out.

only applications which support this will be able to do it. a good example
would be many irc clients, e.g. bitchx. You can tell it to use another
IP/interface for communications.

most applications do not support this. You may be able to get around it by
running a proxy on that ip(if the proxy supports this feature), and tell
the apps to use that proxy(haven't tried this).

nate