Re: if I report debian bugs will I get emailed for life?

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 05:20:39AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
| Sure I've got a lot of bugs I could report, however I recall when I
| reported a perl bug once to the perlbug people.  It was like I had
| adopted a child when alls I wanted was a one night stand: I found a
| workaround. I am was just reporting the bug for the public good and
| wished to move on.  There's a pothole back there, thought you would
| like to know.  I've got to go.
|
| So, before I explore the debian bug reporting system, is there a mode
| for folks like me?  I had to get the perlbug administrator to turn off
| the mail.

You will get email in the following circumstances :
    1)  the maintainer acknowledges or closes the bug
        (if you reported it, don't you want to know it's been fixed?)
    2)  the maintainer (or someone else) wants to discuss it with you
    3)  some person or bot finds your address on the but report page
        and decides to send you a message

You will not get flooded with unrequested email simply by reporting a
bug.  If you really want to you can use Dave.Null@dman.ddts.net as
your return address, but if you do don't complain about not getting
any updates.

-D

--

Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it receives a response
to a dns query that was never made.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/