Re: WinAlert! Problems with ZONEALARM

Shriram Shrikumar,

I think it can see my debian as par of the intranet, for I can ping the windows box from debian and vice-versa.
Zonealarm is set to medium...

local addresses are as follows:

windows: 192.168.0.1
debian: 192.168.0.2

Shriram Shrikumar (prince_shri@yahoo.com) said thusly on [30/07/01 at 13:45]:

> make sure you have configured zonealarm to see your debian system as
> part of the intranet and make sure your intranet security level is no
> higher than medium.
>
> you can set you local addresses using a mask like 192.168.0.0 netmask
> 255.255.255.0. Cant remember exactly where you set this. I think its
> on the security settings where you get the intranet section on the
> left and the internet section on the right.
>
> Good luck
>

> Shri

"I cannot write in verse, for I am no poet. I cannot arrange the parts of speech with such
art as to produce effects of light and shade, for I am no painter. Even by signs and
gestures I cannot express my thoughts and feelings, for I am no dancer. But I can do so by
means of sounds, for I am a musician."  (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)