Re: Maestro3 Won't Work

Quoting JakeCatfox@aol.com <JakeCatfox@aol.com>:
> Kernel version 2.4.7. I compiled it in.

Hmm.  One thing you could try is to compile it as a module, and then
see what (if any) messages you get when you try to insert it as a
module.  You might also try turning off some of the hardware you're
not using in the BIOS (like the serial port, parallel port, etc.)
in case you've got an interrupt conflict.  This is really unlikely,
though, unless the BIOS is doing something stupid.

If you compile it as a module, you can also pass the
'debug' option to it when you load it.  According to
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/Maestro3 this will print some
debugging information, although it's not clear whether this is when
it's loading it, or when you're trying to play sounds.  I know there
are ways to pass this information to the drive when it's built into
the kernel, but I'm not sure how to do this.

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley         930 Koyukuk Drive
System / Network Manager        University of Alaska Fairbanks

phone: 907-474-2689             fax: 907-474-2643
email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu    GNUPG and PGP2 keys at my web site
  web: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle