Re: Freeing up lost memory

Quoth Osamu Aoki,
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 04:48:05PM +1000, Damon Muller wrote:
> > Hi gang,
> >
> > I foolishly left Opera 5 overnight last night. It seems that it leaks
> > memory like a sieve, as when I woke up this morning, I had only about
> > 50M of my 512M of RAM free. This is after a reboot last night (installed
> > 2.4.7-ac2), which pretty much nothing else running.
>
> Did you set lilo.conf right before reboot?
>
> append="mem=512M"

Sorry, perhaps I was unclear.

Linux sees the memory, but some unknown, unseen application seems to
have gobbled it all up, and I want it back.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

It's not a sense of humor.
It's a sense of irony disguised as one.
  -- Bruce Sterling