Re: Compiling Maestro3 Support

Deven,

Quoting JakeCatfox@aol.com <JakeCatfox@aol.com>:
> I compiled in Maestro3 support and recompiled my kernel, but sound won't
> work.. there's no Maestro in the dmesg, and no sounds will play. Does anyone
> know what I did wrong?

This sounds like a dumb answer, but are you sure you are running the
new kernel you just recompiled?  I can't tell you how many times I
have forgotten to re-run lilo after modifying my /etc/lilo.conf. . .

You might also make sure you have a mixer program installed and
that the sound is turned all the way up.  I like 'aumix' personally,
but there are plenty of others.

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley         930 Koyukuk Drive
System / Network Manager        University of Alaska Fairbanks

phone: 907-474-2689             fax: 907-474-2643
email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu    GNUPG and PGP2 keys at my web site
  web: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle