CUPS and 'lpoptions'

I've installed CUPS on a Potato 2.2 r3 distro. No difficulty
in getting it to print - not, however, as I wish, so I'm
looking at 'cupsomatic' and 'gimp-print'. Both of these are
probably more complex than I need and it could be that setting
default options under CUPS may be best for me. Unfortunately,
I cannot find 'lpoptions' (man page is supposed to be
'lpoptions(1)'). For the present, I have to specify my options
with 'lp -o xxxxx' each time I experiment with a print run.

Can anyone help please?

John.
.