Re: pdf editor

on Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 08:34:29AM +0100, Brett Parker (brettparker@linuxfreemail.com) wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 03:20:55AM +0530, harsha wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > > Sounds like the poster wanted to fill in PDF Forms, and the only app I know
> > > that can do that is Acrobat Reader.
> >
> > hmmn there is no GNU utility for the same purpose. I have a problem
> > in viewing some pdf files. xpdf refuses to open them but acrobat
> > reader reads them. is it because the pdf files are encrypted or
> > something like that. I haven't tried xpdf-i yet. poor bandwidth at
> > the present moment. will check it out later though
>
> personally, I use gv to view pdf files, works for me :)

Awesome!  Didn't realize that was possible.  I've recently removed the
free (beer) but not free (speech) Adobe Acrobat Reader from all my
systems, and encourage others to do similarly.

PS:  Brett, post your GPG public key to public keyserver.

    $ gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --send-keys brettparker

Adding a 'keyserver' line to ~/.gnupg/options will allow you to
automatically download new keys, and means you don't have to specify a
'--keyserver' option on the command-line.  Keyservers peer keys
automajickally.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>      http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
 What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?         There is no K5 cabal