debian 2.2 rel 3 and wvdial

Hi,

Since I installed debian 2.2 r.3 I am facing this problem. Earlier on 2.2 it was
working fine.

Problem is. I am using wvdial to connect to the net.
When I first time connect to the net using wvdial DNS is not working. However if
I disconnect and than reconnect again everything seems to work fine. Can anybody
point out where the problem lies. I have to daily connect twice now. Otherwise
since DNS is not working I can not send mail nor can I browse.

I have put the following in /etc/ppp/options

usepeerdns

it works fine. After connecting it creates /etc/ppp/resolv.conf. I have created
a link /etc/resolv.conf which points to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Rajesh Fowkar                       rfowkar@yahoo.com
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,         http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA    Powered By : Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 R-3
				    Kernel 2.4.7,Mutt 1.3.19i,IceWM 1.0.8-6
"Silence is the true friend that never betrays." - Confucious