Re: mp3 players?

Quoting Sunny Dubey on Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 11:10:08AM -0400:
> Hi,
>
> Which portable mp3 players work with Linux?  I was looking a
>
> Sunny Dubeyround in the kernel, and I saw support for the Rio500, but I was
> wondering if anyone was aware of other various protable mp3 players for
> linux.  Thanks
>

> --

I have a 6g player which works quite well.  There is even software which
will allow you to alter playlists that runs in Linux.  Mine is a Personal
JukeBox (www.pjb.com?).  You can now get a 20g (!) version or get one you
bought earlier upgraded.  All it has in it is a laptop hard drive and a usb
connection.  I have connected it to a laptop running debian unstable with
the 2.2 kernel and USB  backport as well as a 2.4.x kernel.

If you want a gnome/gtk manager, check out pjbmanager.  There is also one
for kde.  I don't use kde here so cannot testify to its abilities.
PJBmanager works pretty well though.

--
Michael Perry | mperry@lnxpowered.org, mperry@gnufacts.org
http://www.lnxpowered.org - home pages, notes, stuff